Table of Contents
👤 Who am I?
Hi, I’m Yash! I’m currently working full time on growing Web3 World - a strategy & creative agency to help early stage crypto founders build a brand and go to market efficiently.
I’ve been in the crypto space for 4 years and have created 150+ pieces of content for products & protocols in the space. Check out my portfolio & testimonials below.
Previously, I was the head of research at Chapter One, a seed stage crypto fund and before that was a full stack software engineer at Salesforce.
In my spare time, I like to write about the history of tech on my blog, The Bigger Picture and hack on side projects in the crypto space.
✅ Who I work with
If this describes you and your team, let’s chat 🤝
✍️ Why I started consulting
No matter how strong your product - even if it easily fits into already established habits and anybody who tries it likes it immediately - you must still support it with a strong distribution plan - Peter Thiel
- Effective Product Distribution: My background is technical so I understand the importance of being heads down on developing & shipping product. However, distribution can't be sidelined. Many founders ask, "How can I quickly attract users to my product?" My strengths in storytelling, product articulation, and effective marketing allow me to understand founders' needs and integrate seamlessly from day one.
- Save Founders Time: Founders should be able to focus on building a good product and experimenting at the beginning stages of their journey. It’s difficult for most to do so when there are a million miscellaneous things related to BD floating around in their head. Most founders enjoy the product side but want help on the distribution side - this is where I come in.
- Keep Teams Lean: After working with countless teams in web3, the biggest mistake I see founders make is thinking it’s a good idea to hire for marketing, BD, & PMs early on. In my experience, the product is typically not mature enough and this road leads to distractions. I help build a distribution strategy so that the team can start the go to market journey without having to hire someone full-time.
- Software engineer at Salesforce for 1.5 years. Worked on building analytics tooling for our cloud migration services.
- Head of research at Chapter One for 1 year. Worked on building out our investment thesis, content repository, and started the Chapter One Research program for university blockchain students. Also led the investment for Layer Zero.
Crypto Writing & Community
- Wrote a series of 10 threads covering hot products in the web3 ecosystem during the 2021 bull run. This includes projects such as Pool Together, Olympus, ENS, Mirror, Arweave, etc. You can check out the mega-thread here.
- Viral threads explaining how to learn web3, why web3 is important, and web3 company models.
- Co-authored an intro to web3 e-mail course for OdysseyDAO with Peter Yang called “12 days of Web3”. Received over 4k+ sign-ups in just the first few weeks. You can check out the course and sign up here.
- Started the Chapter One research program in which I led 10 university students from around the world research, write, and publish 25+ pieces of content covering a variety of topics such as account abstraction, Vyper, DeSci, DeSo, and many more. This content has been shared by all sorts of people in the ecosystem including Vitalik. Check out the first cohort here.
- Created the Chapter One Labs community which included over 250 university students all sharing new things they were learning in the ecosystem. I was able to help founders and investors from Stelo Labs, Iron Fish, Pantera, Variant, etc. find incredible students for their intern programs.
- Experimented with a podcast in which I interviewed Degentraland (Horizen Labs Ventures), Salvino (founder of Nouns Vision), Colin (founder of Paragraph), and Richerd (founder of Manifold). Latter two episodes still in production. Link to Spotify here.
- Have done a series of fun history threads on OG companies in the crypto space that achieved viral status quickly. Have been shared by folks such as Brian Armstrong, Roham, Nick Johnson, Hayden Adams, Garry Tan, Jiho, etc. Check out some of them here.
- Most recently, have written in depth articles on newer products such as Once Upon, Launchcaster, Bello Insights, XMTP, etc. Check them out here.